Fantasy & Sci-Fi #B
Streaming 12-15 November
1. WORLDLINE ABYSS (3m, UK) – A film by Jack Lewis
A lone astronaut drawn to an alien desert by an ominous sphere finds exactly what he was looking for buried in the sand.
2. LOOK TWICE (8m, USA) – A film by Kyle Wilson
A night surveillance security guard spots a trespasser on the property; then regrets grabbing their attention once he realizes the intruder is paranormal.
3. SEANCE (25m, GERMANY) – A film by Johannes Franke
Mentalist Erik Svenson and his medium Henriette Brandt specialise in classic ghost seances for private and social occasions. One evening, their client Jochen Buchholz, who recently inherited his grandmother’s house, wants to surprise some of his friends by summoning up a ghost. They get more than they bargained for.
4. ALONE WITH I (10m, UK) – A film by Joshua Whincup
A woman, suffering from mental illness, is stalked in her own home by thoughts from her past.
5. THE SECRET BOX – THE RISE OF PAPERBOY (10m, IRELAND) – A film by G.S. Leitgeb
A 7-year-old paperboy encounters ancient paranormal forces in 1885.
6. THE DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL (4m, UK) – A film by Marnik Loysen
In a dystopian world where speech and feelings are heavily oppressed by a totalitarian state, a passenger must escape a train going nowhere to deliver a letter to his beloved. This Orwellian-inspired stop motion animated music video, consists of striking colours, designs and imagery.
7. RYOKO’S QUBIT SUMMER (18m, JAPAN) – A film by Yuichi Kondo
A human and an AI fall in love in the final days of the apocalypse. This Japanese YURI sci-fi fantasy sheds light on a possible future.
Total Streaming Time: 01.20m. Foreign language films will have English subtitles. Please note, some content may be unsuitable for children under 15 years of age. VIMEO links will go live from 12am ET (Eastern Time) on the 12th November 2020.